All Organic. All Plant-Based. All Gluten Friendly. All Delicious!
Thank you for your interest in working at Café by Tao.
We appreciate all applications and respond to candidates that best fit the team.
We are currently hiring for the following position:
a) Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper, Full-Time
We are looking for someone who is passionate about quality and efficiency from prep to plate, as well as being interested in the plant-based diet. They should enjoy interacting with customers and answering their questions, as well as being comfortable working as part of a team or on individual tasks. Past customer service and kitchen experience is preferred.
Employees in this position are responsible for performing a variety of duties, which may include cleaning the food or stock areas, assisting in the kitchen area, washing and putting away dishes, and maintaining inventory; performing all other responsibilities as directed by management.
- Cleans and stocks customer eating areas
- Greets all customers with a smile
- Assists with a variety of kitchen-related functions as needed
- Receives, inventories, moves and lifts food and beverage products and supplies
- Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Follows instructions, takes corrections and applies what they are taught
- Capacity to lift produce boxes and stand to perform normal job functions
- Ability to comprehend verbal and written instructions
- Applicants for this position must have their Serving It Right certificate
Wednesday - Sunday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Starting wage is based on relevant work experience.
Potential employees should have the following work habits:
- Willingness to learn and participate. Demonstrates a positive attitude towards learning and an enthusiasm towards work.
- Responsible and reliable. Demonstrates a serious attitude and completes tasks on time.
- Industrious. Works hard on assigned tasks, shows energy and persistence to get the job done.
- Initiative. Offers to do extra work and learn new tasks, works well without supervision.
- Personal ethics and respect for others. Is honest, sensitive, and considerate.
- Teamwork. Is cooperative, works well with others and shares the workload.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Is willing to try a new approach and accept constructive criticism.
- Accuracy. Is serious about ensuring that work is done correctly.
Benefits of working at Tao:
- 20% employee discount on all items in the cafe, including menu items and grocery items
- staff meal allocation based on hours worked in a shift
- access to wholesale prices on produce and dry goods
- be part of a small, dynamic team
- have a fixed schedule that allows you to plan your other activities