All Organic. All Plant-Based. All Gluten Friendly. All Delicious!
We appreciate all applications and respond to candidates that best fit the team.
Thank you for your interest in working at Café by Tao. We are currently hiring for the following position:
a) Kitchen Helper, Part-Time
We are looking for someone who is passionate about quality and efficiency from prep to plate, as well as being interested in the vegan diet. They should enjoy doing hands-on tasks, as well as being comfortable working as part of a team or on individual tasks. Past customer service and kitchen experience is an asset.
Employees in this position are responsible for performing a variety of duties, which include cleaning the food and stock areas, assisting in the kitchen area, washing and putting away dishes, and maintaining inventory; performing all other responsibilities as directed by management. They may also be required to aid with greeting and serving customers.
- Cleans and stocks customer eating areas
- Greets all customers with a smile
- Assists with a variety of kitchen-related functions as needed
- Receives, inventories, moves and lifts food and beverage products and supplies
- Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Follows instructions, takes corrections and applies what they are taught
- Capable of bending, kneeling, standing and walking throughout the workday
- Capable of regularly lifting weights of 10 kg (20 lbs) and up to 20 kg (45 lbs) on occasion
- Ability to comprehend verbal and written instructions
- Applicants for this position must have their Serving It Right certificate
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 4 - 9 pm
Fridays and Saturdays: 5 - 10 pm
Sundays: 3 - 8 pm
$12 per hour.
Potential employees should have the following work habits:
- Willingness to learn and participate. Demonstrates a positive attitude towards learning and an enthusiasm towards work.
- Responsible and reliable. Demonstrates a serious attitude and completes tasks on time.
- Industrious. Works hard on assigned tasks, shows energy and persistence to get the job done.
- Initiative. Offers to do extra work and learn new tasks, works well without supervision.
- Personal ethics and respect for others. Is honest, sensitive, and considerate.
- Teamwork. Is cooperative, works well with others and shares the workload.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Is willing to try a new approach and accept constructive criticism.
- Accuracy. Is serious about ensuring that work is done correctly.
Benefits of being part of the Tao Team:
- 20% employee discount on all items in the cafe, including menu items and grocery items
- staff meal allocation based on hours worked in a shift
- access to wholesale prices on produce and dry goods
- be part of a small, dynamic team
- have a fixed schedule that allows you to plan your other activities